7. Shared travel experiences. While we build in plenty of time for family together time, there is also time for adults to relax while kids hang out together! TWK trips are for kids and family of all ages. Teens, adult children, college kids, friends and grandparents. Our returning travelers tell us the shared travel experience, meeting new friends and having built-in travel buddies for their kids so they can have some adult time is the most valuable part of a TWK experience. And everyone stays in touch for years after the trip is over. Many of our travelers see each other every summer and make plans to visit during the year.
6. Beaches Vietnam is known for its beautiful white sand beaches and they don’t disappoint! We spend 3-nights beachfront in Hoi An, which is also a cultural capital of Vietnam. Spend days lounging on the beach, jet skiing, playing beach games, and more and evenings exploring the cobble stone streets of Hoi An with its colorful hanging lanterns, lively outdoor cafes, and fun shops and markets (last time there we got suits made…they are famous for their tailoring!). Plus, tour the market with a local chef and learn to cook Vietnamese style!
5. Amazing food With ingredients ranging from sweet to savory to spicy, Vietnam caters for all tastes and many of their dishes, like pho which they are famous for, are build-your-own style meaning you add the ingredients you like. Kids love having lots of little bowls of ingredients and “making” their own meals. If you have a picky eater it’s great for him/her, but if they are super picky not to worry there is also plenty of pizza, rice, and plain chicken in Vietnam.
4. Adventure From bike riding through rice paddies to kayaking to hidden coves to exploring vast caves, Vietnam has much to offer the adventurous soul. And it’s all guided fun (unless you want to head out on your own…that can be arranged as well) with plenty of safety gear so the worriers in your group will be at ease.
3. Culture Vietnam is known for its rich and colorful culture and we will get to experience much of it. From a water puppet show in Hanoi (secrets of the puppeteers are still passed down from generation to generation) to colorful festivals and lantern lighting in Hoi An, kids will delight in learning about the locals! Plus, take wodden canoes through backwater canals in the Mekong to see how locals live!
2. War history Discover a different perspective on the Vietnam War and learn about it while experiencing hands-on activities like crawling through the Cu Chi Tunnels (for those who are claustrophobic there are pathways through the jungle around the tunnels), visiting the Hoa Loa prison where Sen. John McCain and others were imprisoned, descending into the bunker where Hanoi Jane (Fonda) sung protest songs, and climbing into helicopters and on tanks at the War Remnant Museum.
1. UNESCO World Heritage Ha Long Bay Discover the soaring limestone formations, vast caves, hidden coves and beaches, and remote villages that made Ha Long Bay a UNESCO World Heritage site. We spend 3-days on a refurbished upscale traditional small ship exploring and having lots of fun like kayaking, swimming, cliff jumping, hiking, spelunking, cooking, squid fishing, and more!
Vietnam is a wonderfully colorful, friendly, beautiful place to travel and very welcoming for families! To travel with us, check out our TWK Family Adventure Tour to Vietnam or email us at email@example.com for information and dates for group and individual departures.